Sunday, January 23, 2011

Jan 20, 2011: Bringing Back Your Childhood Brain, and the Things You Made with it.


For this episode I interviewed 12 people about crafts they remembered doing as a child. I wandered around the University Centre on the University of Guelph Campus and spontaneously asked people to do an on the spot mini interview.

Childhood is often when people trust their weird facinations.Theres something beautiful and deeply serious about this practise. I want to get back to that. I want to get back to taking my weird creative interests seriously, and making things over and over without worrying or over analyzing too much.

Thanks so much to Gabriella, William, Kevin, Jan, Jessica, Melanie, Nick,Alex, Melissa, Dean, Patrick and Nicole for telling me about popcicle stick boxes, hand drawn Pokeman,homemade recipe books, pastry, paint by number (horses), felt stars with glitter glue, painted clay pots with glued on googly eyes, fireworks drawing explosion (big black blob), edible finger paint, home made weapons, knitting, crochet, quiliting, toilet paper tube men and shrunken styrofoam faces.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sarah, I loved this show. It made me think of the times when I doodled in class. When I was eight years old, I couldn't see the tops of some trees. Therefore, I didn't draw them until my teacher pointed that out. Then, I started to look at the tops, the roots, and the bark of the trees. I drew lots of trees, rocks, water, and sky when I felt bored in class or just wanted something to do with my hands while listening to the teacher. I shared this show with my blog readers at this link: http://compassionatesolutions.ca/?p=1323. Thanks a bunch, Wendy

    ReplyDelete