Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Jan. 21, 2010: Your living room is not just your livingroom. Your kitchen is a stage. House Shows. An interview with 4 people!







House Shows! An interview with Four People!

A House show is a concert someone puts on in their home, considering it a venue.

This interview features Liv Carrow from Hudson NY, Griffin Epstein from Toronto ON, Caleb Latreille from Halifax NS, and Aaron Mangle from Halifax NS all talking about house shows. I thought it was a good idea to get a whole bunch of folk's ideas about house shows, and it was good because they don't always agree, and that makes the whole thing more interesting. There is a certain punk, Do-it-yourself, arts school culture surrouding house shows.

I interviewd them each individually. I asked them all the same questions. And then I edited the thing together. The result is a cute, in depth, critique, reflection, and recipe for how to make house shows yourself, and things to think about. This interview reminded me why I go to house shows and organize them.

No comments:

Post a Comment