Saturday, February 5, 2011

Feb 3: Girls to the Front. an interview with Sara Marcus


In our phone interview, Sara Marcus, excellent author of Girls to the Front and I talked for over an hour. She told me the story of collecting interviews from over 130 people for this archival Riot Grrl Project. The story of struggling to tell the story in her own words, the complicated and important story, stories of Riot GRRL.

I highly recommend this book,whether or not you have history with Riot Grrl (yet).

After talking to Sara, I've started actively looking for allies the projects I wished existed in the world. In particular: explicit support in Guelph for loud girl/women bands.

you can listen to the interview by going here:http://www.radio4all.net/files/sarah.mangle@gmail.com/4332-1-girlstothefrontjan2011.MP3

check out the book: www.girlstothefront.com

No comments:

Post a Comment